All Weeks Fundamentals of Social Media Advertising Coursera Quiz Answers
Fundamentals of Social Media Advertising Week 01 Quiz Answers
Why, When and Where to Advertise Practice Quiz
Q1. Which of the following are true about paid advertisements on social media? (Choose all that apply)
- You can control where and when your ad is shown
- They are labeled as sponsored
- They are guaranteed to be displayed
- They only appear in the feeds of people who follow your business
Q2. Which of the following are true about organic posts on social media? (Choose all that apply)
- Unless shared, they only appear directly in the feeds of people who already follow your business
- They are guaranteed to be displayed to every individual who follows your account
- They are free to post
- You have control over when and where organic posts are seen
Q3. In what ways can Facebook and Instagram ads help grow your business?
- They can increase your followers
- They can promote your website
- They can bring customers to your physical location
- All of the above
Q4. True or False: Facebook and Instagram are the only social media platforms on which you can advertise.
Introduction to Social Media Advertising Quiz
Q1. A video that conveys your message and tells a story is referred to as which component of a social media ad?
- Call to Action (CTA)
- Target Audience
Q2. You’re running ads for a nonprofit dedicated to ocean conservation and you want your target audience to educate themselves about your work. Which of the following Facebook Call to Action buttons would be most appropriate for your ad?
- Book Now
- Shop Now
- Learn More
Q3. You’re creating an ad for a boutique smartphone case company called Case. Your target audience is design-conscious people aged 21-39 with an interest in modern art and minimalist home decor.
Your ad creative is a photo of four well-dressed 20s-somethings laughing over coffee, with their Case-covered phones placed on the table. Your copy reads: “These Cases are like War Bonds—An Investment That’ll Last Forever!” Your CTA says “Shop Now!”
Which part of the ad is ineffective?
Q4. True or false? People read ads on their mobile screens beginning to end, so your Facebook ad copy should be as long and detailed as possible.
Q5. True or false? If you’re advertising on a platform like Pinterest that doesn’t offer Call-to-Action buttons, you can’t include a CTA in your ad.
Q6. Effective social media ads should always include which of the following? (Select all that apply)
- A Call-to-Action
- A clear offer
- Emojis in the ad copy
- A corresponding destination (often a landing page)
Q7. You are noticing that the number of people who view your Facebook posts is declining. What would be a good course of action to entice new viewers to your page?
- Come up with a creative new idea for your organic posts
- Just keep doing what you’ve been doing and hope for the best
- Put a “Please Share” message in your posts
- Invest in paid advertising on Facebook
Q8. Which of the following are ad formats offered to users for purchase on Youtube? (Select all that apply)
- Display ad
- Video ad
- Overlay ad
- Side Ad
Q9. True or false? A post is “organic” when it is posted from your account and spreads from people who engage with your content to their friends without having to pay.
Q10. Which of the following are ways that you can advertise on Twitter? (Choose all that apply)
- Sponsor a trending hashtag
- A traditional “in-feed” ad
- Promote your Twitter account
- Send direct ad messages to your audience’s inbox