All Weeks Google SEO Fundamentals Coursera Quiz Answers
Google SEO Fundamentals Week 01 Quiz Answers
On-page SEO Review Answers
Q1. Which of the following is an aspect of on-page SEO?2 points
- Developing links to your website
- Improving source code
- Encompassing social media
- Optimizing site keywords
Q2. Which of the following meta-data are important to on-page SEO? (Select all that apply.)
- Title tags
- Heading tags
Q3. Why is it important to have the brand at the end of the title tag?
- What the page is about should be first
- The company is concerned about branding first and foremost
- The brand name can then be abbreviated
Q4. What IS NOT a best practice for optimizing content?
- Add images and other resources
- Link to other related websites
- Use synonyms for keywords
- Repeat your keyword often
Q5. What is the best way for looking at all the information needed for on-page SEO?
- Look at the meta-data separately
- A crawler like Screaming Frog
- Only look at the search results
- Use the title tag to tell you about the rest of the meta-data
Q6. Suppose you want to make sure to cover the three key areas of SEO; which of the following would you put into place?
- Improving source code, social media, and analyzing meta-data
- Branding, keywords and title tags
- On-page Optimization, Technical Optimization, and Off-page Optimization
Q7. Suppose you have searched for a topic of interest in a search engine, when the Meta-Data returns some words in the meta-description are in bold; what are these words in bold type?
- Website or URL
Q8. Which of the following are best practices to optimize a Title Tag for SEO? (Select all that apply.)
- Make sure Title Tag accurately and concisely describes your page
- Aim to make Title Tag no longer than 75 to 140 characters in length.
- Put keywords at the end of a Title Tag
- Aim to make Title Tag no longer than 55 to 60 characters in length
- Only use important keywords in Title Tag
Q9. Which of the following are ways to best use Meta Descriptions for on-page optimization strategy? (Select all that apply.)
- Aim to keep meta descriptions under 160 characters in length.
- Write a meta description using keywords as much as possible while accurately describing the content.
- Don’t worry about crafting a good meta description because it does not directly impact rank.
Q10. Which of the following are best practices for content optimization? (Select all that apply.)
- Add unique content that adds value to site visitors and users.
- Duplicate relevant text or content on one page of your site to other related pages to make sure users see it.
- Organize content within subdirectories
- Just copy content from other sites to save yourself time as long as it is high quality.
- Make sure content is relevant to the theme of your site.
Google SEO Fundamentals Week 02 Quiz Answers
Q1. How did page rank used to be determined? (Select all that apply.)
- By the quality of links to your website
- By the number of visitors to your website
- By the amount of links to your website
- By an exponential rank from 0-10
Q2. What IS NOT a best practice for creating strong site authority through links?
- Edit your back link profile regularly
- Have a link exchange with another website
- Try to remove spammy links
- Make sure that good keywords in anchor text is used for links
Q3. A natural link profile would have a link such as:
(Select all that apply.)
- Anchor text surrounded by content that relates
- Click here
Q4. Why is social media an important tool of off-page SEO? (Select all that apply.)
- Some social media pages are crawled and indexed
- It helps to build a brand
- Social media can improve site authority just like any other link
Q5. What IS NOT an opportunity of Pinterest?
- Ranks well for long tail niche keywords
- Boards with more active followers rank better in searches
- Pins and boards are indexed
- Pinterest can create a strong back link profile to your website
Q6. Which elements make up an effective Off-site SEO strategy? (Select all that apply.)
- Check Toolbar PageRank
- Increase brand recognition through social media.
- Gain genuine, high-quality links to your site.
Q7. Which of the following are best practices to earn links naturally and be judged well by Google? (Select all that apply.)
- Gaining a high amount of links to your site from other related sites attracted by good content
- The relevance of sites linking to your site.
- Having requests for “no follow” code on links
- Quality of links back to your site
- Skillfully manipulating other sites to link to your site
Q8. Which of the following are good ways to earn links to your site naturally? (Select all that apply.)
- Provide great content for your user base
- Cater to your user base
- Create a great user experience on your site
- Purchase links from related sites
Q9. Which of the following are ways to optimize social media as part of your overall SEO strategy? (Select all that apply.)
- Create great content that is attractive as a Tweet or Re-Tweet.
- Neglect “no follow” links because they have no SEO benefit.
- Make attention to social media part of your overall SEO strategy, but you don’t need to focus on it until much later in the process
- Optimize your Pinterest boards.
Q10. In which of the following ways can link analysis benefit your SEO? (Select all that apply.)
- Maximize backlinks
- Avoid penalties
- Improve site authority
Google SEO Fundamentals Week 03 Quiz Answers
Technical SEO Review Answers
Q1. Which of the following IS NOT an aspect of technical SEO?
- Optimizing site keywords
- Resolving site errors
- The creation of XML and HTML Sitemaps
- The creation of robots.txt files
Q2. Which of the following are functions of the robot.txt file? (Select all that apply.)
- It provides search engine bots your preferences for crawl speed
- It outlines the site structure
- It identifies specific pages that should not be crawled by search engine bots
Q3. It is important to include an XML Sitemap for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
- With new sites it can be uploaded to Google Search Console or Bing Webmaster tools to inform the search engine of the presence of your site
- The XML Sitemap outlines the site structure for search engine bots
- The XML Sitemap includes behind the scenes activity of your website such as when a page was last updated
- It outlines the structure of your site for your audience
Q4. When updating to a new site, which of the following is the most preferred method of redirecting from an old page to new content?
- A permanent redirect from the old page to a comparable new page
- A temporary redirect from the old page to the most relevant category in the new site
- A permanent redirect from the old page to the most relevant category in the new site
- A temporary redirect from the old page to a comparable new page
Q5. Why are soft 404 errors more difficult to resolve than traditional 404 errors?
- Soft 404 pages are pages that still return a status code of 200 (okay) and are picked up by tools such as Google Search Console
- Because they do not pose a problem for SEO, webmasters are slow to address them
- It takes time to design custom 404 error pages for your site
- Because they are due to server error, your must wait for the error to resolve itself
Q6. Which of the following is Technical SEO concerned with? (Select all that apply.)
- Make it easier for search engine robots to index your site.
- Make it easier for your audience to find your site.
- Laying a strong visual presence for your site
Q7. ___________ SEO focuses on how well search engine spiders can crawl your site and index your content. Which of the following correctly fills the blank?
Q8. You have been hired to optimize a website, which of the following is essential to include in your SEO strategy? (Select all that apply.)
- Content and Keyword recommendations
- Technical SEO
- Off-page Strategy
- Maximize visual attractiveness and color balancing
Q9. HTTP Response Status Codes are an important part of Technical SEO; what does HTTP stand for?
- Hyper Text Trial Properties
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol
- High Text Transfer Protocol
Q10. Which of the following are best practices for designing and handling 404 error pages on your site? (Select all that apply.)
- Maximize the amount of 404 pages a site produces.
- On arriving at a 404 page, provide users with helpful links
- Redirect to a more appropriate page
- Look and feel of the 404 page should differ in style from the rest of your site so as not to be confused with active content.
Google SEO Fundamentals Week 04 Quiz Answers
Keyword Theory & Research Review Answers
Q1. A new site that sells Sci-fi memorabilia is about to launch. Which of the following keywords will best drive the right kind of traffic to the site?
- Top Sci-fi characters
- Sci-fi superfan
- Han shot first (or other key pop culture Sci-fi phrases)
- Buy Sci-fi collectibles
Q2. Which of the following are ways that companies can adjust for the seasonality of searches?
- Publish blog posts to correlate with an increase in searches on the blog topic
- Adjust content for males between the ages of 18-25 based on your audience analysis
- Launch a website redesign when the product is most in demand
- Create blog posts based on common questions that your audience has
Q3. True or false: Long tail keywords should be avoided when selecting keywords for your site.
Q4. Which of the following are reasons to conduct an audience analysis using tools like Google Trends, Alexa, Quantcast, and Follwerwonk? (Select all that apply.)
- You would like to understand your audience to help you refine and choose keywords to target
- You plan to adjust blog post and site resources based on your audience’s needs
- You modify the language and tone of your site based on factors such as the age or home regions of your audience
- You select a market strategy based on the email or texting habits of your audience
Q5. Which of the following are ways to refine keywords to better match the terms your target audience might use to find you? (Select all that apply.)
- Keep searcher intent in mind
- Provide only relevant keywords to a specific question a user is asking but not information a user might want to ask.
- Move from a broad descriptive word like “Games” to a more specific descriptive phrase like “PC Games”
Q6. Which of the following represents the path and progress through the stages of a search in the correct order?
- Navigational > Transactional > Informational
- Evaluation > Preference > Awareness > Purchase
- Awareness > Evaluation > Preference > Purchase
- Awareness > Preference > Evaluation > Purchase
Q7. Which of the following will help to brainstorm good longtail keywords and generate content ideas?
- Use a whiteboard to write out your ideas
- Brainstorm with a small group of friends who think they know your target audience.
- Consider questions users will ask and prefixes such as “How…,” “Why…,” “Where…” “Which…”
Get All Course Quiz Answers of Business and Financial Modeling Specialization
Introduction to Google SEO Coursera Quiz Answers
Google SEO Fundamentals Coursera Quiz Answers
Optimizing a Website for Google Search Coursera Quiz Answers
Advanced Content and Social Tactics to Optimize SEO Coursera Quiz Answers
[…] Google SEO Fundamentals Coursera Quiz Answers […]
[…] Google SEO Fundamentals Coursera Quiz Answers […]