All Weeks Advanced Content and Social Tactics to Optimize SEO Coursera Quiz Answers
Advanced Content and Social Tactics to Optimize SEO Week 01 Quiz Answers
Content Marketing Ecosystem Answers
Q1. True or False:
According to this module, search engines like all these things:
- A well-structured site
- Page relevance for common search terms
- Earned links from third-party sites
Q2. Suppose you are seeking to increase your site’s ranking with search engines. You want the links to and from your site to be seen as highly valuable to search engines. What kinds of links are considered most valuable? (Select all that apply.)
- Links from sites considered authoritative in your market space
- Links you bought without consideration for relevance or authority
- Links that have topical relevance to your site and within your market space
Q3. What are some ways of thinking about links to your site? (Select all that apply.)
- Valid citations in a research paper
- A spider crawling its web
- A P.O.E.M.
- Votes in a popular election
Q4. Which of the following are not good content marketing strategies when you are seeking to build your reputation, visibility, and provide you with high-quality links? (Select all that apply.)
- Publish in as many third-party sites as possible, even if the themes are irrelevant to your site and your audience.
- Artificially insert keyword phrases into your content as links to your site, even if the words can’t logically fit in the same sentence.
- Publish high-quality content as guest posts on third-party sites.
- Seek to get your content published on sites that have high authority in your market space.
Q5. Building your audience is essential to online success. Several of the following are ways to build your audience; which one is not?
- Share great content on social media to those who show an interest in your topic or share market space.
- Seek to connect with those who actually care about your topic and content.
- Creating content of such quality that it will be shared with OPA, other people’s audiences.
- Seek to engage your audience.
- Seek to connect with influencers in your market space and share content with them.
- Selectively buy followers on social media to increase the apparent size of your audience.
Q6. What is the best way to get links to your site?
- Optimize keyword searches for each page.
- Solicit other sites to link to yours.
- Content marketing – when viewed as an ecosystem.
Q7. Content marketing should focus on building or gaining two things as the best way to obtain high-quality links and trigger other behavior patterns that online search engines use as ranking signals. What are those two things?
- A list of influencers in your market
- A large email marketing list
- Contacts with media
Q8. True or False: A “Holistic” view of the content marketing ecosystem conveys the idea that the whole is more than merely the sum of its parts, in theory, or practice.
Q9. According to this module, content marketing is explained as being all of the things listed below, except one. Which item is not true about content marketing?
- Content marketing is the safest and best approach to obtaining high-quality links.
- Content marketing is key to building the reputation and visibility of your business online.
- Content marketing helps you receive high-quality links that drive higher SEO rankings.
- Content marketing is all about manipulation and bending the rules.
Q10. Which one of the following is not true about how you should relate to your audience?
- Publish where your audience is not present since you never know who you might reach.
- Don’t publish where your audience is not present.
- Raise visibility by going to where your audience goes.
- It’s all about getting visibility with your target audiences.
Advanced Content and Social Tactics to Optimize SEO Week 02 Quiz Answers
Social Media Marketing Answers
Q1. This module emphasized the importance of building relationships within your online community. Complete this statement with the best possible answer: “Basic social interaction and _______ that guides your behavior off-line should also guide your behavior online.”
Q2. Considerable attention was given to discovering demographic information about various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, LinkedIn, and others. Why do you need such demographic information? (Select all that apply.)
- To get more links back to your site
- To establish yourself as an expert in your market space
- To get some sense of which social media platforms make the most sense for you
- Discover where your audience goes online, so that you can go where your audience goes
Q3. Which of the following strategies is the recommended way to choose the best platform for your business?
- Experiment with multiple platforms before finalizing a strategy.
- Read extensively and choose without trying any of the platforms.
- Use the platform that everyone uses.
Q4. Which of the following is not one of the recommended steps or actions you should take to get an early mover advantage when becoming an early adopter of new platforms?
- If a new platform appears to be working, keep engaging there to build a following.
- Try a new platform but if it is not working for you, dump it or de-emphasize it.
- Test the waters for the potential in new channels.
- Wait to see how the newly emerging platform performs for several months before investing any time, energy, and focus.
- Recognize new channels as they’re developing.
Q5. True or False:
The following are all ways to help build an audience on social media platforms:
- Be a genuine part of the community
- Bring value to the community
- Aspire and work to become one of the more important members of the community
- Give many times before you ask others to give to or do for you
Q6. Suppose you are trying to put together a Top Ten list of things you should do to engage your audience on social media. Below is a list of four things, but two of them do not belong on the Top Ten list. Select the two items that do not belong on the list while trying to create audience engagement.
- Treat your online interactions like you’re a part of a community, being sure to participate.
- While interacting in a community where there are influencers and ordinary members, focus your attention solely on the influencers since they have the power to help you achieve your important business goals and less influential people do not.
- Speak at conferences.
- Try to completely divorce your online and offline activities.
Q7. True or False: A target audience generally consists of Media, Bloggers, Influencers, Potential Customers, Customers, and other people in your market space.
Q8. True or False: The take-away lesson from the Hilton Suggests case study is this: Even when a social media effort seems like a great idea and may have an enthusiastic reception, it still must meet the established business goals.
Q9. The case study showed that Copyblogger consistently has very strong sharing of every piece of content they put out there. This can be attributed to:(Select all that apply.)
- They consistently produce great content.
- They are supported with strong social-media programs.
- They have a strong social-media presence.
Advanced Content and Social Tactics to Optimize SEO Week 03 Quiz Answers
Q1. Which one of the following is not a way you can give influencers reasons to share your content or write about it?
- Aggressively pursue a relationship with the influencer and relentlessly ask them to share your content with their audience.
- Create truly excellent content.
- Make it relevant.
- Be trustworthy, because they will have to have a certain amount of trust in you.
Q2. Which of the following is not one of the steps in the process for building a good relationship with an influencer?
- Add more value than what you expect in return.
- See what non-professional interests they seem to like such as sports, wine, or cars.
- Try to discover their home address and send them a personal note or drop off a gift.
Q3. Which is not one of the good tactics to build relationships with influencers?
- Get an introduction from someone they trust.
- Re-share their content.
- Engage them in dialog online or in person.
- Ask influencers to interview you for their audience.
Q4. Which of the following is considered a “hack” to help you get started with collaboration as you seek to build relationships with influencers? (Select all that apply.)
- The Opportunities Hack: where you watch for opportunities on social media and respond if you can
- Pick Low-hanging Fruit Hack: where you make the most of opportunities that become available to you
- The Round-up Hack: where you get brief contributions on a theme from several influencers.
Q5. Which of the following is not one of the possible benefits of using Facebook in conjunction with your contact list as an advertising technique to gain extra visibility and targeted exposure for your high quality content?
- Put your content in front of a look-alike audience who are similar in characteristic to everybody who is on your mailing list.
- You gain extra visibility.
- You gain the powerful ability to target ads directly to your select email list of media and influencers.
- Make sure that your content reaches every person on your contact email list.
Q6. Which of the following statements are true about content marketing? (Select all that apply.)
- When you are trying to reach a potential linker, focus your attention on trying to get reach that person by just one path. That way you don’t diffuse your energy.
- Content marketing can be likened to advertising even though you are not paying for it.
- Multiple impressions actually matter with content marketing, as they do in advertising.
- Over time, if you’re successful, a potential linker may learn about your content or article from multiple sources.
Q7. While focusing on building relationships with influencers, which of the following is seen as being the most important?
- Focus on having a large enough list of influencers’ correct email addresses.
- Focus on establishing the right mindset before you start.
- Focus on making sure the SEO for your site is excellent.
- Focus on making sure you have lots of content to share, even if it is not of the highest quality.
Q8. True or False: In addition to many online ways to build relationships with influencers, it is highly recommended to attend conferences to meet with an influencer in person, 1-on-1, as shown at the pinnacle of this pyramid.
Q9. Which of the following completes this statement: “This is what you get if you don’t add value __________.”
- Value from others
- A lukewarm response
Q10. Which one of the following is NOT a true statement when it comes to trying to build a relationship with an influencer.
- It really is all about what you want
- What matters is the value that you can offer to influencers.
- You should study what they publish.
- You should learn what they value.
Advanced Content and Social Tactics to Optimize SEO Week 04 Quiz Answers
Q1. True or False: Content marketing is about growing your reputation and visibility online and for that reason creating “good” content is not enough.
Q2. All except one of the following are factors associated with a higher correlation of shares and links. Which one on this list is not a factor noted as contributing to getting both shares and links?
- Presenting data-driven research studies
- Having an audience that cares about your opinion
- Having an authoritative reputation
- Using highly visual content like infographics and videos
- Delivering longer-form content with value and depth
Q3. Why is content that gets many social media shares, not likely to get many links?
- The social media post is not using the correct keywords to attract links.
- People like to share things that have caused them to stop and think deeply.
- People like to share things that cause an emotional reaction.
Q4. Which two of the following are not characteristics of anchor content?
- Effective promotion is not a factor if your content is strong enough
- More about emotion than authority
- Dependent on the credibility of the author and publisher
- Makes up the foundation of a strong content marketing campaign
Q5. Which of the following are suggested ways to leverage YouTube to build your own video channel? (Select all that apply.)
- Leverage YouTube as a search engine because it is a search engine; therefore get traffic off YouTube itself.
- Write a nice blog post about your YouTube video on your blog and include a transcript.
- Publish videos on YouTube.
Q6. When it comes to creating video as part of your anchor content, which list below is the most important to have?
- The right kind of studio, the right kind of environment, and the right kind of content
- The right kind of mindset, the right kind of attitude, and the right kind of partners
- The right kind of attitude, the right kind of equipment, and the right kind of humor
Q7. True or False: There are many different types of content opportunities, but the key to success in your content marketing efforts is picking the right types of content that fit your business needs and goals best.
Q8. Which of the following is not one of the reasons a partnership between a small organization like Ten by Ten would appeal to a giant company like Intel?
- Intel is not interested in reaching the same audience.
- Intel doesn’t have the budget set aside. While they have significant cash, all of that cash is allocated, so they might not have a budget to put into a project like this.
- They don’t need approvals the same way that Intel would if they were trying to do the same things themselves.
- A smaller company, like Ten by Ten, is going to be faster moving.
Q9. Which of the following accurately describes what made 7th generation’s content marketing campaign successful?
- They focused on creating content about eco-friendliness, and positioned themselves as a health and wellness company that just happens to produce consumer packaged goods.
- They made an interactive website where customers could get answers to any question they might have about their eco-friendly products.
- They focused on creatively displaying and highlighting their eco-friendly consumer packaged goods and products in videos on YouTube.
Q10. Which of the following may help you reach these target audiences listed at right? (Select all that apply.)
- Offline content
- Branded and editorial content
- Social media promotion and engagement