Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure
Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Network
Q1) True or false? In Google Cloud VPCs, subnets have regional scope.
Q2) True or false: If you increase the size of a subnet in a custom VPC network, the IP addresses of virtual machines already on that subnet might be affected.
Q1) True or false: You can create Compute Engine virtual machines from the command line.
Q2) What is the main reason customers choose Preemptible VMs?
- To reduce cost.
- To improve performance.
Google Compute Engine and Networking
Q1) True or False: Google Cloud Load Balancing allows you to balance HTTP-based traffic across multiple Compute Engine regions.
Q2) Which statement is true about Google VPC networks and subnets?
- Networks are regional; subnets are zonal
- Networks are global; subnets are regional
- Networks and subnets are global
- Networks are global; subnets are zonal
Q3) An application running in a Compute Engine virtual machine needs high-performance scratch space. Which type of storage meets this need?
- Standard persistent
- Local SSD
- Local standard
- SSD persistent
Q4) Choose an application that would be suitable for running in a Preemptible VM.
- An interactive website
- An online relational database
- A batch job that cannot be checkpointed and restarted
- A batch job that can be checkpointed and restarted.
Q5) How do Compute Engine customers choose between big VMs and many VMs?
- Use big VMs for fault tolerance and elasticity; use many VMs for in-memory databases and CPU-intensive analytics
- Use big VMs for in-memory databases and CPU-intensive analytics; use many VMs for fault tolerance and elasticity
Q6) How do VPC routers and firewalls work?
- They are managed by Google as a built-in feature.
- Customers provision virtual machines and run their routers and firewalls in them.
- They are managed by Google in virtual machines, which customers may tune or turn off.
- They are managed by Google in virtual machines, which customers may never modify.
Q7) A GCP customer wants to load-balance traffic among the back-end VMs that form part of a multi-tier application. Which load-balancing option should this customer choose?
- The regional load balancer
- The regional internal load balancer
- The global TCP proxy
- The global SSL proxy
- The global HTTP(S) load balancer
Q8) For which of these interconnect options is a Service Level Agreement available
- VPNs with Cloud Router
- Carrier Peering
- Direct Peering
- Dedicated Interconnect
Next Quiz Module Answer
Previous Quiz Module Answer
Enroll in Course