Table of Contents
Introduction to the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems Quiz Answers
Week 1: What Is the Internet of Things (IoT)?
Module 1 Quiz Answers
Q1. My watch displays the current weather downloaded from the Internet. My watch is an IoT device.
Q2. Which of the following could be an IoT device?
- a lamp, a couch, a pen
Q3. An IoT device can most easily be differentiated from a standard computer based on
- the interface with the user and the world
Q4. The following trend is NOT related to the growth in IoT technology:
- Increase in computer monitor size over time.
Q5. IoT devices are likely to be more vulnerable to cyberattacks than standard computers.
Q6. Which of these security approaches is feasible for most IoT devices?
- Regular installation of product firmware updates.
Q7. IoT devices gather private information about users. Which statement is most true about the security of that data?
- Users must rely on data-collecting agencies to securely store and transmit their data.
Q8. Although people are aware of the dangers of cyberattacks, they often do not understand the risks to IoT devices.
Introduction to the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems Week 2 Quiz Answers
Q1. A light sensor (photoresistor) is an analog sensor.
Q2. A microphone is a digital sensor.
Q3. A push-button is an analog sensor.
Q4. A keyboard is a digital sensor.
Q5. Which of the following components are actuators? Select all that apply.
- a servo motor
- an LED
- a heating element
Q6. The component of an embedded system that executes a program is:
- a microcontroller
Q7. An analog-to-digital converter is common in embedded systems because
- many sensors are analog while the microcontroller is digital.
Q8. Consider the anti-lock braking system in a car. What are the main sensors and actuators of this system from the perspective of the driver?
- brake pedal and brake calipers and pads
Introduction to the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems Week 3 Quiz Answers
Q1. Under what conditions should an integrated circuit be used in an IoT device?
- When highest performance is required.
- When lowest power is required.
- When the function is already commonly available as an integrated circuit.
Q2. Given a choice between implementing a function as an integrated circuit (in hardware) or as a program (in software), what factor needs to be considered the least?
- The physical look of the final device.
Q3. Generally, in a computer-based system, the main memory is much larger than the cache.
Q4. What is the fastest type of storage in a computer-based device?
Q5. Which statement is false?
- Machine language is universal, allowing programs written in machine language to be executed on any microprocessor.
Q6. What does an assembler generate?
- Machine code from assembly code.
Q7. Compiled code generally executes faster than interpreted code.
Q8. Which of the following is NOT a benefit of using an operating system?
- The frequency of the microcontroller clock can be significantly increased.
Introduction to the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems Week 4 Quiz Answers
Q1. What protocols are required for Internet communication?
- TCP or UDP/IPare turned on often, for small bits of work
Q2. Which network device copies packets onto all ports?
Q3. What is the protocol associated with the worldwide web?
Q4. A MANET protocol is likely to differ from a typical LAN protocol because a MANET protocol will
- consume less power than a typical LAN protocol.
Q5. The function of a packet header is to
- contain packet information generated by a protocol layer.
Q6. A packet sniffer is a tool that can be used to record all local traffic on a network.
Q7. A hub can be used to communicate between two LANs with different protocols.
Q8. In the HTTP protocol, a request message is sent by a web client to a web server.
Next Quiz Answers >>