All Weeks Everyday Excel, Part 1 Coursera Quiz Answers
Everyday Excel, Part 1 Week 01 Quiz Answers
Quiz 1 Answers
Q1. What will happen in the following spreadsheet setup if we: 1) Press Enter, 2) copy the formula in cell B3 using Ctrl-C (or Copy), and 3) paste the formula into cell A3? What value will result in cell A3?
Q2. Which of the following sets of “moves” will take the initial worksheet setup and result in the final worksheet setup? Multiple correct answers possible, and all must be selected!
- Highlight Rows 3 and 4
- Right-click on Rows 3 and 4 –> Cut
- Right-click on Row 2 –> Insert Cut Cells
- Highlight Row 2
- Right-click on Row 2 –> Cut
- Right-click on Row 5 –> Insert Cut Cells
- Select cells A2:B2
- Right-click –> Cut
- Right-click in cell A5 –> Insert Cut Cells
- Select cells A3:B4
- Right-click –> Cut
- Right-click in cell A2 –> Insert Cut Cells
Q3. In the spreadsheet setup shown below, which of the following formulas could we place into cell B4 that we could copy/paste (or drag down) to cells B5:B7 so that we could multiple a (the constant value in cell B1) by the x-values in cells A4:A7? Multiple answers may be correct.
Q4. If we wish to name a cell “Temp” so that we can use “Temp” as a variable name in a calculation and as an absolute reference, how do we do this? Multiple answers are possible, and all must be selected for credit.
- Just type it into the cell to the left of the cell that you want to name.
- Define a name using the Name Manager.
- Define a name using the Formula Bar.
- Hold down Ctrl-Shift-N then type in the name.
- Define a name in the Name Box.
Q5. Which of the following numbers, text strings, or dates on the left side of each arrow could we put into a single cell and drag down and Auto Fill would convert the next cell down to that on the right side of the arrow? Multiple answers correct, and all must be selected for credit.
- Wednesday –> Thursday
- 1 –> 2
- 3/4/20 –> 3/5/20
- Day 1 –> Day 2
- March –> April
Everyday Excel, Part 1 Week 02 Quiz Answers
Quiz 2 Answers
Q1. Which of the following is correct syntax for writing out the following expression in Excel? Assume that the variable x has been named “x” in the Name Manager or Name Box.
Q2. What value will be displayed in cell A6 when the Enter key is pressed? Enter your answer as an integer (counting number, no decimals).
- Comment Down Correct Answers
Q3. We would like to set up a simple Excel worksheet to calculate the number of 24-packs of tiles that we need for a certain tiling job. Tiles are only sold in packs of 24, and we must round up to the nearest multiple of 24 tiles. For example, if we need 155 tiles, then we’d need to round up and purchase 7 x 24-packs (6 x 24-packs would only be 144 tiles, so we need 7 of them).
Q4. What will the value in cell B4 be when the Enter key is pressed? Leave your answer as an integer (counting number) with no decimals.
Q5. Whose name will appear in cell A1 when Enter is pressed? The name “dwarves” refers to cells A3:A6.
Everyday Excel, Part 1 Week 03 Quiz Answers
Quiz 3 Answers
Q1. Which formula shown below could you use to determine the monthly payment on a $5,000 loan if you want to pay it off in 10 years? The annual interest rate is 5% and interest is compounded monthly.
Q2. Which of the following Excel formulas below could we place into cell G5 to calculate the maximum temperature on the day of the week that is input into cell G4? The formula should provide the maximum on that day of the week over the last two weeks (rows 3 through 16) and should automatically update if the day of the week in cell G4 is changed.
Q3. Which of the following formulas could be placed into cell B4 to provide the result shown? Multiple correct answers, and all must be selected for credit.
Q4. Which range of cells on the following worksheet are being referenced to by the following Excel formula?
Q5. Which of the following Excel formulas could we put into cell B8 to count the number of items in the range A1:D6 that are less than 50?
Everyday Excel, Part 1 Week 04 Quiz Answers
Quiz 4 Answers
Q1. Which of the following shows how the Custom Sort tool was filled completed to accomplish this sort?
Q2. Which of the following are TRUE statements about material learned in Week 4? Select all that apply.
- Filters can be used only to filter out categorical data and not a range of values and dates. For example, filters cannot be used to select for numbers between 2 and 10.
- The VLOOKUP function will always look for the lookup value in the left-most column of the lookup array.
- The Go To Special tool can be used to identify all cells that have the value 100 in them.
- Excel Tables have built-in filters.
- The Remove Duplicates tool can only be used to remove duplicate values that show up in the left-most column of an array.
Q3. What word (proper spelling and no capitalization and no spaces) will be displayed in cell A13 when the Enter key is pressed?
- Comment Answers below if you found
Everyday Excel, Part 1 Week 05 Quiz Answers
Quiz 5 Answers
Q1. The plot shown below depicts natural gas consumption (in therms) as a function of time for a particular home.
- We could select the chart then choose the Chart Design tab, then choose Select Data and add a new series.
- We would go to the green + sign to add a new data series.
- We could right click in the plot area and go to Select Data then add a new series.
- We could select the therms data for 2017, copy that data, then left click in the center of the plot and then paste the data.
- Any column of data input adjacent to previous data in Excel is automatically added to any preexisting plot.
Q2. This is a cumulative question that uses some things that you have learned not just in Week 5 but throughout the entire course! We have annual expense data as a function of year for several different categories:
Which of the following formulas could we place in cell B9 that we could copy/paste over into the entire range B9:G9 to make the chart dynamically update when we change the year in cell A9? Select all that apply.
Q3. Which of the following statements are TRUE?
- If we wished to plot the average fuel economy of cars in the United States as a function of year and we also wanted to plot the average fuel economy of cars in Norway as a function of year, we would need to add a secondary axis.
- You are preparing a PowerPoint presentation for someone else across the world and you will email them the file when you are finished. You decide to embed an Excel chart into the PowerPoint presentation and then you email them the file. However, you forget to email them the embedded .xlsx file. When they open up the PowerPoint file they will NOT be able to see the embedded chart.
- Excel objects can be linked to both Word documents and PowerPoint presentations, but in either case the linked .xlsx file must always be available (i.e., on the same computer) in order for the linked object to show up.
- You cannot add multiple series to a traditional pie chart.
- When printing off Excel worksheets, there is no way to display column and row headings, unfortunately.
Q4. Which of the following correctly shows how we dragged and dropped the various fields into the Pivot Table tool?
Q5. We wish to plot the following energy usage as a function of time on a scatterplot. Columns B and C represent the natural gas usage (in therms) for 2015 and 2016, respectively. Column D represents electricity consumption (in kWh) for 2016. Which of the following plots properly shows how we can visualize this information?
Note: Answers may be subject to wrong/missing or not available, please contact us on telegram or comment below if you found correct answers to avoid wrong/misguidance. it will help other students.
Get All Course Quiz Answers of Everyday Excel Specialization
Everyday Excel, Part 1 Coursera Quiz Answers
Everyday Excel, Part 2 Coursera Quiz Answers
All your answers seem to be wrong
really sorry if our answers are wrong, that might be our team mis-info. please help us by correcting answers to help other students. if you want to provide correct answers or some suggestions. please reply with this comment and we will assist you to reach us! Thank You for your time
I meant to say that regarding the last quiz.
There are few courses available with no answers.
Unfortunately, we’ve not found answers yet, our team working on it to get answers ASAP, Contact Us or Comment if you know any answers which is not highlighted here.