Table of Contents
Relational Database Administration (DBA) Week 01 Quiz Answer
Graded Quiz 01: Overview of Database Management Tasks
Q1. When a DBA meets with stakeholders like developers, data engineers, and architects to discuss database design, which of the following might be discussed?
- What platform will be used to develop the database software
- Which logs will be reviewed daily
- Stress test scenarios for measuring the database’s maximum load
- The cost of server resources
Q2. Which is an essential part of the Design and Plan stage of the database life cycle?
- Database modeling
- Automating repeating tasks
- Identifying users
- Monitoring and maintenance
Q3. Which of the following database life cycle phases involves automating repeating tasks?
- Design and plan
- Monitoring and maintenance
- Requirements analysis
Q4. What is transparency?
- Regular maintenance and backup of the database.
- Using color coding to make the user interface easier to understand.
- Making sure owners of information know what data you plan to collect and how you will use it.
- Letting all users know who is using the system at all times.
Q5. What is a best practice for compliance?
- Make sure you follow laws, but don’t worry about industry standards.
- Write a report every day about what you have done and the time you spent on it.
- Always host your database in the cloud.
- Check to make sure you understand all the regulations that may affect your organization on the national, international, and industry levels.
Graded Quiz 02 : Server Objects and Hierarchy
Q1. Which of the following schemas is the default schema?
- Partition schema
- System schema
- Object schema
- User schema
Q2. Which of the following is one of the four MYSQL system databases?
- Database 1
- Read-only table
Q3. Some RDBMSs provide storage groups that let you organize data and storage based on data groups called Hot data, Warm data, and Cold data. Which temperature contains data that is accessed least frequently?
- Variable data
- Warm data
- Cold data
- Hot data
Q4. Which of the following describes the relationship between containers and tablespaces?
- One or more containers store each tablespace
- Tablespaces hold empty space inside containers
- Tablespaces store containers
- Containers store multiple Tablespaces
Q5. Database partitions store subsets of data from very large databases. Which of the following is true?
- Tables cannot be partitioned into multiple logical partitions.
- A relational database whose data is managed across multiple partitions is called a partitioned relational database.
- Partitioning is used when little data is available.
- Each partition contains a copy of the entire set of data.
Relational Database Administration (DBA) Week 02 Quiz Answer
Graded Quiz 01 : Back Up and Restore Databases
Q1. Which of the following explains one reason that you should schedule or automate your backups?
- Faster backup
- Less user impact
- Stop data loss
- Save storage space
Q2. Which of these is a characteristic of hot backups?
- Cannot be used in 24/7 environments
- Does not result in performance degradation for users
- Has no impact on availability
- Stored on external drives
Q3. Full database backups restore data to the state it was in when the backup occurred. A way around this is to run a point-in-time backup/recovery. What is the first and most important step needed in point-in-time backups?
- Store multiple copies of full backup
- Apply new full backup recovery
- Enable transaction logging
- Run DML statements before backups
Q4. Which of these is true about differential and incremental backups?
- Incremental backups back up user data, while differential backups back up tables.
- Differential backs up data since the last full backup, while incremental backs up data since the last backup of any type.
- Incremental backups copy anything specified
- They are essentially identical.
Q5. Which of these are important key considerations when using backup and restore?
- Validated backup files and functional restore plan
- Correct cloud provider
- Storage level snapshots
- Backup scheduling
Graded Quiz 02 : Security and User Management
Q1. The OS for database servers must be secure. Which of the following methods that the video recommends, involves vulnerabilities?
- Regular patching
- Firewall implementation
- Access monitoring
Q2. When an RDBMS doesn’t support user groups, how can you define groups?
- Alias accounts
- Additional user accounts
- Map to OS groups
- Map to user initials
Q3. Using SQL commands, how can you remove database permissions from a user, group, or role?
- Delete connect
- Revoke connect
- Eliminate connect
- Cancel connect
Q4. Why should you audit failed attempts to access databases?
- Test database security
- Identify potential attacks
- Add security levels
- Identify unauthorized users
Q5. Which of the following is true of asymmetric encryption?
- DES is an exampleof asymmetric encryption
- Key is shared with all users
- Is more susceptible to compromise than symmetric encryption
- Uses two keys: one public, one private
Relational Database Administration (DBA) Week 03 Quiz Answer
Graded Quiz: Monitoring and Optimization
Q1. Reactive monitoring of a database is done after an issue occurs. What is a common situation for when reactive monitoring happens?
- Renaming a database
- Database security breach
- Wrong database information
- Database merge
Q2. Proactive monitoring is used to prevent reactive monitoring. How is proactive monitoring usually done?
- Database comparison
- Log files
- Automated processes
- Manual tests
Q3. There are several main types of database indexes. Which type can use non-unique values?
Q4. What does the “locked objects” metric show?
- Inactive users
- Physical storage that cannot currently be accessed
- Processes that have been locked
- Queries that can’t be completed.
Q5. Which of the following is not a utility or command for optimizing a database?
- OPTIMIZE TABLE
- RUNSTATS and REORG
- VACUUM and REINDEX
- MAKEDB and CATEGORY
Relational Database Administration (DBA) Week 04 Quiz Answer
Graded Quiz: Troubleshooting and Automation
Q1. Which of the following issues can be caused by the unnecessary locking of database objects?
- Inadequate server hardware or configuration
- Improper configuration
- Queries and Application logic
Q2. There are several issues caused by client configuration. Which of the following client configuration issues involves the IP address?
- Driver version
- Connection configuration settings
- Password settings
- Authentication type settings
Q3. There are many status variables for databases that provide information about operations and status variables that are either GLOBAL or SESSION based. What happens when a GLOBAL value isn’t displayed?
- No values displayed
- Session value displayed
- Error displayed
- Display depends on database
Q4. There are many types of log files that help identify when and where errors occur. Which error log shows errors specific to each database?
- App management logs
- Server logs
- Database error logs
- Operating system logs
Q5. Which of these are not part of a database log record in Db2?
- Log sequence number
- Database record type
- Log transaction ID number