Table of Contents
Introduction to Enterprise Computing Week 01 Quiz Answers
Q1. Which of these provides a common set of methods for performing functions which the operating system is going to utilize?
- Operating System
Q2. Architecture is comprised of:
- Hardware and firmware
- Hardware and operating systems
- Software and firmware
- Software and hardware
Q3. What takes source code and compiles it into machine language?
- Language code
- Object code
Q4. Which of the following are examples of application software?
- Memory components
- Inventory jobs
- Operating Systems
- Program products
Q5. What is the best definition of an address space?
- Is the actual physical memory
- Appears to exist as main storage, although most of it is held in secondary storage
- A map of storage available to applications and users
- Is addressable data storage not currently in a computer’s main memory
Q6. What term is used when the operating system moves data from auxiliary storage to central storage?
Q7. A processor unit (PU) is an un-characterized processor in a mainframe. Which characterized processor executes commands?
- SAP (System assistance processor)
- zIIP (Integrated information processor)
- zAAP (z Application assist processor)
- CP (Central processor)
Q8. In TSO/ISPF, what is the name of a data set which contains multiple members, each of which holds a sub-data set?
- Sequential data set
- Partitioned data set
- Sub data set
- Member data set
Q9. What is the name of software that enables hardware on a mainframe?
- LMC (Licensed machine code)
- PR/SM (Processor resource/system manager)
- LIC (Licensed internal code)
- PDF (Program development facility)
Q10. What is the status of the management process state when a process is waiting on the processor to handle the request?
Introduction to Enterprise Computing Week 02 Quiz Answers
Q1. Applications running on an operating system through a simplified series of interfaces is referred to as APIs
Q2. What is the minimum number of LPARs in a Sysplex?
Q3. Which z/OS component manages communications between applications in a Parallel Sysplex?
- Cross-system coupling facility
Q4. Which z/OS component is used for managing workload distribution, workload balancing, and distributing resources to competing workloads?
- Workload manager
- Resource control
- Workload distribution
- Resource balancing
Q5. What’s the most accurate definition of a Network Interface Card (NIC)?
- A NIC controls the flow of information from the IP to the TCP, over hardware and software.
- A NIC is a computer hardware component that connects a computer to a network.
- A NIC moves information directly from the computer to computers on the internet.
- A NIC comprises of the hardware and software components that connects the RJ-15 cable to the RJ-45
Q6. What does VSAM stand for?
- Virtual Storage Access Method
- Virtually Stored Accessories Methodology
- Virtual Safe Access Method
Q7. Which is the best definition of a console as it pertains to Mainframe?
- A collection of optional software features, with a web-browser interface, that is used for configuring, managing, and monitoring data-copy functions.
- A screen that resides within the computer.
- A user interface to a server, for example, the interface provided on a personal computer.
Q8. What’s the best definition of an LDAP?
- Defines a standard method to access and update information in a directory.
- A semiconductor chip that displays visible or infrared light when activated.
- A set of system commands, library routines, and other tools that allow the user to establish and control logical volume storage.
Q9. What does GDPS stand for?
- Geographically Dispersed Parallel Sysplex
- Graphic DiPlo Sysplex
- Geomegric Duplicity Parallel Sysplex
Introduction to Enterprise Computing Week 03 Quiz Answers
Q1. Which of the following are considered “computer resources”?
- Data sets
- All of the above
Q2. Which PCIe hardware component improves security by performing cryptographic functions?
- Hardware security module
- Crypto graphic processor
- Data-centric security
Q3. Which CNTLUNIT keyword specifies the address or addresses to which the control unit is attached?
- Link control
- Link address
- Link cssid
- Link director
Q4. Which channel type provides 3270 sessions to serve as a vehicle for an operating system?
Q5. Which of the following IOCP statements are optional?
- All of these options
Q6. Which statement defines the LPARs and the logical channel subsystems?
Q7. The Image activation order is defined in which profile?
Q8. What is the name of the process that loads the IOCDS in HSA?
Q9. During an initial program load, what is the name of the device which contains the operating system?
Q10. Where can activation profiles be initiated from?
- HMC and SE
- DASD console
- Operating system console
- DASD console and Operating system console
Q11. Scenario: The mainframe is powered on and all 85 LPARs are IPL’ed.
Which activation profile, when activated, will crash all 85 LPARs along with their operating systems?
Q12. Which position(s) in the Load Parameter contains the information on what messages are to be displayed during IPL time?
- 1, 2, 3 and 4
- 5 and 7
- 7 and 8
Q13. What is the name of the process that loads operating system from the SYSRES device and loads it into main storage?
Q14. Which file or data set is used during an IPL and contains the hardware and software definitions of the system?
Q15. What allows data to be decrypted the moment it is needed?
- Prevalent encryption
- Pervading encryption
- Encryption key
- Pervasive encryption
Q16. What is another name for asymmetric encryption?
- Mainframe encryption
- Data security encryption
- Public key encryption
Q17. What is the name of the high performance cryptographic engine which exists for every IBM Z processor?