All Weeks Basic System Programming on IBM Z Coursera Quiz Answers
The foundational knowledge for the position of an IBM z/OS System Programmer and System Administrator begins with this third and final course in the three-course professional certificate track.
This course provides hands-on labs to everyday z/OS tasks with JCL, JES, SHELL and HFS, and z/OSMF. Topics covered include VSAM, z/OS System Libraries, the Language Environment, Generation Data Groups, RAIM, DB2, UNIX System Services, and USS File System.
Basic System Programming on IBM Z Week 01 Quiz Answers
Q1. Which data set utility is used for copying a sequential data set which produces a PDS member?
Q2. What does DISP=(NEW,PASS,) indicate?
- The system passes the new data set to the next steps if the step terminates normally, and deletes the data set if the step terminates abnormally
- The system passes the new data set to the next steps if the step terminates normally, and catalogs the data set if the step terminates abnormally
- The system passes the new data set to the next steps if the step terminates abnormally, and deletes the data set if the step terminates abnormally
- The end of the in-stream data portion of JCL is marked with two forward slashes and an asterisk
Q3. Select the correct statement regarding In-Stream Data
- An in-stream data set is a data set contained within a set of JCL statements
- An in-stream data set step cannot contain more than one in-stream data set
- An in-stream data set is a data set entered through the output stream
- An in-stream data set JCL ends with two forward slashes and an asterisk
Q4. What is the main purpose of the IBM utility IEBUPDTE?
- Creates cataloged procedures in a system library called SYS1.PARMLIB
- Creates cataloged procedures into sequential data sets
- Create or modify sequential or partitioned data sets or PDSEs
- Creates members in sequential data sets
Q5. Which TSO command will invoke the z/OS UNIX shell?
Q6. What is typically an empty directory in the currently accessible filesystem on which an additional filesystem is mounted?
- FS point
- Accessible point
- File point
- Mount point
Q7. Which z/OS component can print the output, or save it on spool for an output manager to retrieve?
Q8. On the mainframe, what is a unit of work, made up of several steps, and performs a specific task or tasks when executed by the operating system?
Q9. In JCL, what are the unique identifiers in columns one and two which indicate that this is JCL to the operating system?
- ** (two asterisks)
- \* (backward slash and asterisk)
- \\ (two backward slashes)
- // (two forward slashes)
Q10. Which JCL statement is used to identify the name(s) of a PDS or PDSE that contains a set of JCL statements?
Q11. What type of JCL system symbols are set at IPL time and will not change until the next IPL?
Q12. Which JCL statement identifies the order in which the libraries are searched?
Basic System Programming on IBM Z Week 02 Quiz Answers
Q1. In the SYS1.PARMLIB data set, which member contains installation defaults or parameters that will not change from IPL to IPL?
Q2. Which z/OS data set contains read-only programs that can be shared among users of the system?
Q3. Which SYS1.LINKLIB module contains the JCL statements which begin the master scheduler subsystem which establishes communication between the z/OS operating system and JES2?
Q4. Which z/OS and z/VM security system provides access control and auditing functionality?
Q5. Which z/OS component provides the capability to define, monitor and dynamically adapting its processing in reference to performance goals?
Q6. Which z/OS component is responsible for sending emails and accessing the Internet?
- Internet server
- Communication server
- Access manager
- Communication directory
Q7. What does the +3 at the end of the GDG names represent?
- Generation routines
- Relative group number
- Relative digit number
- Relative generation number
Q8. What is the maximum amount of storage supported by the IBM z14?
- 16 terabytes
- 16 petabytes
- 32 petabytes
- 32 terabytes
Q9. What provides a method to increase memory availability, where a fully redundant memory system can identify and correct memory errors without stopping?
Basic System Programming on IBM Z Week 03 Quiz Answers
Q1. What is the benefit of mounting a zFS file system and having an owning LPAR assigned?
- The owning LPAR has unabridged rights to all of the zFS files
- Users have restricted access to some of the zFS files
- All the LPARs and users have access to this zFS file
- Mounting a zFS file system requires all LPARs to be active
Q2. Logging on to z/OSMF requires
- a valid z/OS RACF user ID defined and enabled for z/OSMF
- Any valid z/OS RACF user ID
- Any valid Unix System Services UID
Q3. The primary web management interface for z/OSMF can be accessed via:
- HTTP or HTTPS
- HTTP only
- HTTPS only
Q4. What is the goal of z/OSMF ?
- Simplify system management
- Simplify system operations
- All of these options
- Simplify system programming
Q5. What is the z/OSMF function which provides an access to traditional ISPF applications
- Jobs and resources
- z/OS classic interfaces
- z/OS operator consoles
Q6. Which JCL parameter is used to allocate a data set using the same attributes as another allocated data set?
Q7. Which data set utility performs a compress when both the input and output are the same data set on the same volume?
Q8. When running a job which includes a data set with insufficient directory space, which data set type will dynamically create more directory space as needed?
Q9. What is another term for when a job completes unsuccessfully with a failure?
- RC 12
Q10. Which function is used to condense members and consolidate or spaces in a single area within the PDS ?
Q11. What value in the JCL job card provides the user ID under which the current TSO session is logged onto ?
Q12. Which system utility is used to install, manage, and initialize DASD?
Q13. Which data set utility actually performs no other action other than invoking allocation and return a completion code of 0?
Basic System Programming on IBM Z Coursera Course Review:
In our experience, we suggest you enroll in the Basic System Programming on IBM Z Coursera Course and gain some new skills from Professionals completely free and we assure you will be worth it.
Basic System Programming on IBM Z course is available on Coursera for free, if you are stuck anywhere between quiz or graded assessment quiz, just visit Networking Funda to get Basic System Programming on IBM Z Coursera Quiz Answers.
I hope this Basic System Programming on IBM Z Coursera Quiz Answers would be useful for you to learn something new from this Course. If it helped you then don’t forget to bookmark our site for more Coursera Quiz Answers.
This course is intended for audiences of all experiences who are interested in learning about Data Science in a business context; there are no prerequisite courses.