Table of Contents
All Weeks Feminism and Social Justice Coursera Quiz Answers
Week-1 Quiz Answers
Quiz-1: Defining Feminism
Q1. Professor Aptheker points out that gender is a social construct. Which of the following categories are also socially constructed? (Check all that apply.)
Q2. Professor Aptheker describes heterosexuality and “whiteness” as norms. What is an example of a norm in the context of class in the U.S.? (Check all that apply.)
- Blood type
Q3.According to Professor Aptheker, empowerment is a _ process.
Q4.According to Professor Aptheker, has any modern society achieved feminism?
Q5.“Oppression of women is so old that it seems to be natural.” What does Professor Aptheker mean by that? (Check all that apply.)
- Women are living within legal systems that once considered them property.
- It is common to accept women’s inferiority as a norm.
- Women are naturally submissive.
- Women are associated with nature.
Week-2 Quiz Answers
Quiz-1: Salt of the Earth
Q1. What made “Salt of the Earth” unusual?
- It was about a real event.
- People who participated in the Empire Zinc strike acted in the film.
- All of the dialogue was in Spanish.
- It won seven Academy Awards.
Q2. When did hot running water and indoor plumbing become priorities for the union?
- After men started doing housework.
- After women started to vote in matters regarding the strike.
- After workers found out other company towns had such infrastructure.
- After the union had won its other demands.
Q3. Why were the writer, director, and producer of “Salt of the Earth” blacklisted?
- Because of alleged tax evasion
- Because of mistreatment of female actors
- Because of parts of the film that were factually incorrect
- Because of alleged communist leanings
Q4.What was mined in “Salt of the Earth”?
Q5. What were some of the disparities in working conditions between Anglo workers and Mexican workers at Mine, Mill & Smelters? (Check all that apply.)
- Overtime pay
- Two-person shifts
- Pension plans
- Portal-to-portal pay
- Indoor plumbing
Week-3 Quiz Answers
Quiz-1: Free Angela!
Q1. True or false? Angela Davis was a member of the Communist Party.
Q2. Who were the Soledad Brothers?
- Inmates at Soledad Prison
- A communist group in Soledad, Calif.
- A religious order
- A musical group
Q3.True or false? Angela Davis acted as her own lawyer.
Q4. Where was Angela Davis arrested?
- Los Angeles
- New York
- San Francisco
Q5. What was the occupation of Rodger McAfee, the man who paid Angela Davis’ bail?
- Potato farmer
- Dairy farmer
Week-4 Quiz Answers
Q1. Who is Dominique Strauss-Kahn?
- The former director of the World Bank
- The former director of the International Monetary Fund
- The former mayor of Paris
- The former president of France
Q2. True or false? Marriages between slaves in the U.S. were legally recognized.
Q3. True or false? Because of Anita Hill’s testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee, the nomination of Clarence Thomas to the U.S. Supreme Court was denied.
Q4. What happened in the “Year of the Woman”?
- A number of women were hired as the CEOs of large multinational corporations
- A number of women were elected governor of U.S. states
- A woman was elected President of the U.S.
- A number of women were elected to the U.S. Senate
Q5. What medium did #metoo first spread through?
- Google Plus
Find more related Quiz Answers >>