All Weeks Channel Management and Retailing Coursera Quiz Answers
Channel Management and Retailing Week 1 Quiz Answers
Quiz 1: Module 1: Graded Assessment
Q1. Which channel function does not help to fulfill the completed transactions?
- Physical Distribution
Q2. Which of the following sentences defines a ¨Push Strategy¨?
- Manufacturer induces intermediaries to carry, promote and sell the product.
- Both definitions.
- None of them.
- Manufacturer uses several forms of communication to persuade consumers to demand the product.
Q3. Which one of the following is not one of the main steps when designing a distribution model?
- Establish channel objectives.
- Identify channel alternatives.
- Analyze the environment.
- Evaluate the alternatives.
Q4. Which of the following is not a key factor in channel management.
- Train and motivate
Q5. Which of the following is not a critical to ask about market-by-market growth?
- What are our growth priorities?
- How will we enable change?
- Should we follow the strategy of the best performers in the market?
- How will we deliver on our value proposition?
Q6. Which of the following is not a main marketing logistics function?
- Logistic Information Management
- Financing the merchandise
- Inventory Management
Q7. What definition best reflects what a merchant wholesaler does?
- Takes no title of goods and performs only a few functions.
- Takes no title of goods and provides full services.
- Takes title of goods.
- Brings buyers and sellers together and assists in negotiation.
Channel Management and Retailing Week 2 Quiz Answers
Quiz 1: Module 2: Graded Assessment
Q1. Which of the following aspects influences a channel being shorter?
- Complexity of purchase process.
- Simple products
- High population density
Q2. Which of the following is NOT one of the three rules for building a modern retail organization that will support an Omni-channel strategy?
- Go beyond structure.
- Plan medium and long-term.
- Have bold ambitions.
- Be a silo bluster.
Q3. Which one of the following segmentation criteria can you establish to minimize conflict?
- Legal procedure
- HR qualification
Q4. Which is one correct definition when describing Trade Marketing?
- Increment the offer from the manufacturer.
- Share costs among players.
- It is a strategic alliance.
Q5. What of the following are trade marketing objectives?
- Enhance logistics.
- Improve Point of Sales (POS) turnover.
- Pricing policy.
Q6. What is one of the main Category Manager (CM) functions?
- Develop strategic plans for a certain product line.
- Manage the relationship with retailers.
- Serve as an “advocate” of the client inside the manufacturer.
Q7. Which of the following is NOT a way retailers can improve their promotion performance and increase their margins on promotions?
- Craft promotion strategies to guide category-level decisions.
- Deploy Big-data analytics to produce actionable recommendations.
- Design a promotion process within the department in charge.
- Build up orgnaizational capabilities to execute promotions.
Q8. What type of channel conflict did Goodyear face when several channels started to sell to the same target market?
Q9. The person in charge of a large client is the:
- Key Account Manager
- Neither of these.
- Category Manager
Channel Management and Retailing Week 3 Quiz Answers
Quiz 1: Module 3: Graded Assessment
Q1. What main activity do retailers NOT provide?
- Keeping bulk.
- Offering services.
- Providing assortment.
- Holding inventory.
Q2. Which of the following is NOT considered an important development that is taking place in retail?
- Age of information
- Evolving role of the Internet
- Technology in Retailing
Q3. Which of the following descriptions of the breadth and depth of an assortment is correct?
- Both of them.
- None of them
- Breadth is the number of different items offered in a merchandise category.
- Depth is the number of merchandise categories a retailer offers.
Q4. What aspects from the consumer experience DOES NOT have a strong impact on brand advocacy?
- Customer service
- Product satisfaction
- Emotional connection
Q5. Which of the following sentences regarding Sustainable Competitive Advantages (SCA) is right?
- A SCA is replicating and improving a competitor’s advantage, maintaining it over a long period of time.
- For some brands such as ZARA, Distribution and information Systems are one SCA.
- To build a Sustainable Competitive Advantage, retailers usually rely on their single, most competitive approach.
Q6. In which order should the so called “S.T.O.R.E.” five-step approach, to the reassessment of the role of the physical store, be implemented?
- Redesign In-store experience; Maximize the Portfolio; Redefine the Role of the Store; Adjust Categories and Implement across channels.
- Redefine the Role of the Store; Redesign In-store experience; Maximize the Portfolio; Adjust Categories and Implement across channels.
- Redefine the Role of the Store; Adjust Categories; Maximize the Portfolio; Redesign In-store experience and Implement across channels.
- Redesign In-store experience; Maximize the Portfolio; Adjust Categories; Redefine the Role of the Store; and Implement across channels.
Q7. Which is NOT a benefit of Omni-Channel Retailing, especially for the traditional store-based and catalogue retailers when using electronic channels.
- Overcoming the limitations of existing formats
- Expanding markets
- Building a Strategic Advantage
- Becoming a leader
Channel Management and Retailing Week 4 Quiz Answers
Quiz 1: Module 4: Graded Assessment
Q1. Which of the following is NOT a critical companies need to address to achieve customer-management excellence in emerging markets?
- What are our growth priorities?
- How we will maintain our strategy?
- What is our distinctive value proposition?
- How we will deliver our value proposition?
Q2. Which of the following sentences does NOT define Efficient Customer Response (ECR)?
- Work independently.
- Joint initiatives between producers and retailers.
- Increase final customer satisfaction.
- Reduce activities that do not add value in the supply chain.
Q3. Which of the following can retailers NOT be classified by?
- Variety and Assortment
Q4. Which of the following are the main components of a Retail Strategy?
- None of them.
- Target Market and Sustainable Competitive Advantage.
- Target Market and Format/Marketing Mix and Sustainable Competitive Advantage.
- Target Market and Format/Marketing Mix.
Q5. Which is NOT one of the main growth strategies?
- Market Penetration
- Retail Format Development
Q6. Which one is NOT a main characteristics of retailers to exploit international growth opportunities?
- Financial Resources
- Global culture
- Communication Campaign
Q7. If we talk about entry strategies, which of the following Entry Strategies requires the highest level of investment for the retailer?
- Direct Investment
- Joint Venture (JV)
- Strategic Alliance
Q8. Which of the following Golden Rules for a successful Franchise is the most critical?
- Select the right Product
- Select the right Market
- Select the right Partner
- Select the right Team
Q9. Which of the following definitions is right?
- B&C are existing companies that have added an online site for information or e-commerce.
- C&C is when a company takes orders on the website but have retailers deliver and collect payment.
- Both of them
Q10. Which of the following is NOT a mobile shopping myth?
- It will substitute the rest of retailer’s devices.
- Cool features.
- Driving self-service.
- The App is the answer.
Q11. Which of the following is NOT a reason DATA is becoming a competitive advantage in Future Retailing?
- The need to have a lot of Information
- Loyalty Programs
- Importance of Analytics
- Big Data
Q12. If you are a brand that has already covered the domestic retail market and you are already active in international expansion, what other two growth strategies could you use?
- Retail Format Development and Diversification
- Diversification and Market Expansion
- Retail Format Development and Market Penetration