All Week What is Corruption: Anti-Corruption and Compliance Quiz Answers
Have you ever paid someone for doing you a favor?
You may be accustomed to tipping wait staff or other service providers, but what if you paid a police officer for NOT issuing a parking ticket? Or if you gave a “gift” to a government official for signing a contract with your company? Tipping might be okay, but paying a bribe is a violation of the law.
Bribery is widespread and exists almost everywhere and in many forms. Compliance programs address this and other forms of corruption.
What is Corruption: Anti-Corruption and Compliance Week 1 Quiz Answers
Quiz 1: Module 1 Quiz
Q1. True or False: Corruption is defined as systematic illegal activity in a community, country, or region.
Q2. A quid-pro-quo where goods or services are exchanged for some sort of political support is called:
Q3. Which of the following does not constitute corruption? (Hint: There are 2 correct answers.)
- A government official accepts a golf membership from a company in exchange for special regulatory treatment.
- A lawyer accepts expensive concert tickets from a company as a thank you for helping it win a recent lawsuit.
- A politician hires a close friend as chief advisor even though the friend has no relevant education or experience.
- A government’s customs bureau charges all companies a flat fee in exchange for expediting the shipping of goods.
Q4. True or False: Though corruption is not uncommon in China, the government officials appointed to investigate it have proven to be effective.
Q5. Which of the following is not a downside of corruption?
- Loss of investments that would have created revenue for the country
- Loss of employment opportunities for citizens
- Loss of tax revenue
- Loss of administrative positions
What is Corruption: Anti-Corruption and Compliance Week 2 Quiz Answers
Quiz 1: The FCPA
Q1. True or False: The FCPA applies to parties beyond those living in the United States.
Q2. True or False: Under the FCPA, a company’s failure to implement an effective anti-corruption compliance program is a crime.
Q3. True or False: Facilitation payments are an affirmative defense to the FCPA.
Q1. Which of the following is true about corruption in the United States?
- Individuals who engage in corruption are unlikely to be prosecuted.
- Individuals who engage in corruption are likely to be prosecuted.
- Though the U.S. government used to focus on prosecuting individuals for engaging in corruption, they now focus on fining the overall corporation instead.
- Answer Choices 1 and 3
Q2. True or False: Before the FCPA was enacted, most countries dealt with corruption internally.
Q3. Which type of liability is not carried by the FCPA?
- Civil charges for failing to maintain a full set of accurate books and records and have internal accounting controls.
- Criminal liability for knowingly falsifying a company’s financial books and records
- Liability for commercial bribery
- Criminal liability for bribing a U.S. government official
Q4. Which of the following parties is generally not subject to liability under the FCPA? (Hint: There are 2 answers.)
- A foreign affiliate of a U.S. company
- A company that has securities registered in the U.S.
- An American businessman who purchased concert tickets for a Chinese government official in the hopes of currying favor
- An individual without any nexus to the U.S.
Q5. Which of the following might an executive or company face after it is found to have engaged in corruption? (Hint: There are 3 correct answers).
- Financial difficulties
- Civil penalties
- Arbitration of disputes
- Criminal penalties
What is Corruption: Anti-Corruption and Compliance Week 3 Quiz Answers
Quiz 1: Potential Warning Signs
Q1. True or False: To comply with anti-corruption laws, a company’s gift and entertainment policy should ban all entertainment of government officials.
Q2. Which of the following is not one of the primary s companies must ask themselves when conducting a risk assessment?
- Are you using third parties?
- Where are you conducting business?
- Who is associated with the business or investment you are, or will be involved with?
- What is the cost of the due diligence required to conduct the risk assessment?
Q3. True or False: A company interviews a third party vendor that requests payment in an amount substantially higher than the market rate for comparable services. Because this constitutes a warning sign for corruption, the company should not work with the vendor under any circumstances.
Q1. True or False: Generally, it is not a good idea to train all employees on a company’s anti-corruption policies and procedures.
Q2. True or False: Different departments within a company will require different types of anti-corruption training.
Q3. Which of the following is true about the delivery of an anti-compliance training program?
- Training should be conducted by an external lawyer or expert in the field.
- The exclusive use of web-based training sessions is common and advisable.
- Employees should be trained more than once.
- Training sessions should be sufficiently lengthy so that employees understand the gravity of the information conveyed.
What is Corruption: Anti-Corruption and Compliance Week 4 Quiz Answers
Quiz 1: Other U.S. Anti-Corruption Laws
Q1. True or False: The federal bribery statute makes it a crime for a corporate official to receive or accept anything of value in exchange for being influenced in the performance of any official act.
Q2. In McDonnell v. United States, the Supreme Court held that an “official act” does not include setting up a meeting, talking to another official, or organizing an event.
What is Corruption: Anti-Corruption and Compliance Course Review:
In our experience, we suggest you enroll in What is Corruption: Anti-Corruption and Compliance courses and gain some new skills from Professionals completely free and we assure you will be worth it.
What is Corruption: Anti-Corruption and Compliance course is available on Coursera for free, if you are stuck anywhere between a quiz or a graded assessment quiz, just visit Networking Funda to get What is Corruption: Anti-Corruption and Compliance Quiz Answers.
I hope this What is Corruption: Anti-Corruption and Compliance Quiz Answers would be useful for you to learn something new from this Course. If it helped you then don’t forget to bookmark our site for more Quiz Answers.
This course is intended for audiences of all experiences who are interested in learning about new skills in a business context; there are no prerequisite courses.