All Weeks SQL for Data Science with R Coursera Quiz Answers
Much of the world’s data resides in databases. SQL (or Structured Query Language) is a powerful language that is used for communicating with and extracting data from databases. Working knowledge of databases and SQL is a must if you want to become a data scientist.
The purpose of this course is to introduce relational database concepts and help you learn and apply foundational knowledge of the SQL and R languages. It is also intended to get you started with performing SQL access in a data science environment.
SQL for Data Science with R Week 01 Quiz Answers
Graded Quiz: Basic SQL
Q1. True or False: The SELECT statement is called a query, and the output we get from executing the query is called a result set.
Q2. True or False: The INSERT statement can be used to insert multiple rows in a single statement.
Q3. Assume there exists an INSTRUCTOR table with several columns including FIRSTNAME, LASTNAME, etc. Which of the following is the most likely result set for the following query:
SELECT DISTINCT(FIRSTNAME) FROM INSTRUCTOR
- LEON KATSNELSON
Q4. What does the following SQL statement do?
UPDATE INSTRUCTOR SET LASTNAME = ‘Brewster’ WHERE LASTNAME = ‘Smith’
- Changes all rows for the instructor with a last name of Smith to have a last name of Brewster.
- Change the row for the instructor with a last name of Brewster to have a last name of Smith.
- Change all rows in the table to have a last name of Smith.
- Change all rows in the table to have a last name of Brewster.
Q5. Which of the following SQL statements will delete the authors with IDs of A10 and A11?
- DELETE FROM AUTHOR WHERE AUTHOR_ID IS (‘A10’, ‘A11’)
- DELETE FROM AUTHOR WHERE AUTHOR_ID IN (‘A10’, ‘A11’)
- DELETE (‘A10’, ‘A11’) FROM AUTHOR
- D: DELETE AUTHOR_ID IS (‘A10’, ‘A11’) FROM AUTHOR
SQL for Data Science with R Week 02 Quiz Answers
Graded Quiz: Relational DB Concepts and Tables
Q1. The primary key of a relational table uniquely identifies each _______ in a table.
Q2. Which of the following statements about a database is/are correct?
- A database is a logically coherent collection of data with some inherent meaning
- Data can only be added and queried from a database, but not modified.
- Only SQL can be used to query data in a database.
- All of the above
Q3. Attributes of an entity become ________ in a table.
Q4. What are the basic categories of the SQL language based on functionality?
- Data Definition Language
- Data Manipulation Language
- Both of the above
- None of the above
Q5. The CREATE TABLE statement is a….
- DML statement
- DDL statement
- Both of the above
SQL for Data Science with R Week 03 Quiz Answers
Graded Quiz: Refining Your Results
Q1. You want to select author’s last name from a table, but you only remember the author’s last name starts with the letter B, which string pattern can you use?
- SELECT lastname from author where lastname like ‘B#’
- SELECT lastname from author where lastname like ‘B%’
- SELECT lastname from author where lastname like ‘B$’
- None of the above
Q2. In a SELECT statement, which SQL clause controls how the result set is displayed?
- ORDER BY clause
- ORDER IN clause
- ORDER WITH clause
Q3. Which of the following can be used in a SELECT statement to restrict a result set?
- All of the above
Q4. When querying a table called Author that contains a list of authors and their country of residence, which of the following queries will return the number of authors from each country?
- SELECT Country, count(Country) FROM Author GROUP BY Country
- SELECT Distinct(Country) FROM Author
- SELECT Country, count(Country) FROM Author
- SELECT Country, distinct(Country) FROM Author GROUP BY Country
Q5. You want to retrieve a list of books that have between 450 and 600 pages. Which clause would you add to the following SQL statement: SELECT Title, Pages FROM Book ________________________________
- IF Pages >= 450 and Pages <= 600
- WHERE Pages >= 450 and pages <= 600
- WHERE Pages = 450
- WHERE Pages 450 – 600
SQL for Data Science with R Week 04 Quiz Answers
Graded Quiz: R and Relational Databases
Q1. Which amongst the following is the simplest way to update individual observations in a dataframe?
- Store the data in a relational database instead and make the updates there.
- Convert the dataframe into a text file and make the changes there.
- Make the updates in the dataframe and then store the results in a binary format.
- There is no way to update individual observations directly in a dataframe.
Q2. Which R function loads multiple R data structures from a .Rda file?
Q3. A variable in R is like which of the following relational database concept?
- Row (or tuple)
- Column (or attribute)
Q4. Which R variable holds the platform numeric limits for your R environment?
Q5. What is declarative referential integrity?
- Protects databases from the corruption, destruction, or removal of data.
- Validates data normalization.
- Manages transactions by adhering to the ACID properties.
- Manages dependency relationships between two tables.
SQL for Data Science with R Coursera Course Review:
In our experience, we suggest you enroll in the SQL for Data Science with R Coursera and gain some new skills from Professionals completely free and we assure you will be worth it.
SQL for Data Science with R Coursera course is available on Coursera for free, if you are stuck anywhere between quiz or graded assessment quiz, just visit Networking Funda to get SQL for Data Science with R Coursera Quiz Answers.
This Course is a part of the Applied Data Science with R Specialization.
I hope this SQL for SQL for Data Science with R Coursera Quiz Answers would be useful for you to learn something new from this Course. If it helped you then don’t forget to bookmark our site for more Coursera Quiz Answers.
This course is intended for audiences of all experiences who are interested in learning about Data Analytics in a business context; there are no prerequisite courses.