Get All Weeks Management Skills for International Business Quiz Answers
Management Skills for International Business Coursera Quiz Answers
Quiz 1: End of Week Quiz
Q1. Fayol proposed a series of principles about how employees should be managed. What did he mean by ‘Unity of Command’?
- employees should only have one direct supervisor
- organisations should be striving to promote team spirit
- employees need to be clear where they stand
- managers should be fair to staff at all times
Q2. Henry Mintzberg offered a framework which suggested a series of key skills required to manage people effectively. What is meant by the term ‘disseminator’?
- a team member who networked inside and outside of the organisation
- someone who performed social duties
- the one who communicates information to all key stakeholders
- someone who looks to access and assimilate work related information
Q3. When considering the concepts of leadership and management, which of the following is the most likely scenario?
- leaders have subordinates
- being a leader and a manager are mutually exclusive
- a business owner needs to be a leader and a manager
- leaders are reactive
Q4. Which of the following authorities believed that there was a very strong correlation or overlap between leadership and management?
- Blake and Mouton
Q5. Hersey and Blanchard’s ‘State of readiness/Situational Leadership’ framework emphasized the importance of which of the following?
- the skills and experience of the team
- the leader being able to build their own team
- the leader having an autocratic approach
- the organisation’s reward strategy
Q6. Referring to French and Raven’s 5 Bases of Power, “referent power” is described as a person’s…
- ability to punish others
- level of skills and knowledge
- ability to recognize the contribution of a colleague
- right to the respect of their colleagues
Q7. French and Raven’s 5 Bases of Power framework assumed that…
- different forms of power directly affect one’s leadership and associated chances of success
- power necessarily came with all roles of leadership
- all types of power were the same
- all leaders have all 5 Bases of Power
Q8. When we look to apply aspects of Mintzberg’s Framework of Managerial Roles, a Disturbance Handler would usually…
- be responsible for employee development
- be a manager who had been in the same role for some time
- manage potential conflict scenarios
- demonstrate all 10 attributes of the Framework
Q9. Using Mintzberg’s Framework , if a Manager was
building a series of external networks who were there to provide useful
information, which of the following roles would be demonstrated?
Q10. When looking to explore the differences between
a leader and a manager, which of the following attributes would most
theoretical perspectives see as an indication of leadership?
- The ability to motivate others
- Having a vision and clear strategy
- Close management of resources
- Managing workflows
Q11. Which of the following most closely reflects Kotter’s views on the leadership vs management debate?
- An individual will be either a leader or manager, never both
- Leadership and management are mutually exclusive
- Individuals need to be both leaders and managers
- An individual working at a senior level must previously have been effective as managers
Q12. When considering the leadership v management debate which of the following is most likely?
- Leaders have subordinates
- Managers have an innovative approach
- Leaders have followers
- Leaders are accepting of the status quo
Q13. A leader can demonstrate a range of styles. What would a “laissez-faire” approach usually indicate?
- A leader taking sole responsibility for all decisions
- All leadership functions would be shared amongst colleagues
- An abdication of leadership responsibilities
- Colleagues having the freedom to make the right decision
Quiz 1: End of Week Quiz
Q1. According to Herzberg, which of the following is usually a motivator?
- The relationship with line management
Q2. When Douglas McGregor discussed Theory X, one key assumption was…
- it will lead to optimum levels of production
- an innovative leadership style is appropriate
- employee engagement will be a priority
- employees inherently dislike work
Q3. When McGregor’s Theory X is applied to a workplace scenario, which of the following is most likely?
- For most employees, work is as natural as play
- Individual employees feel fulfilled
- Employees will seek additional responsibility
- There will be a need for managerial direction and control.
Q4. Adams’ Equity Theory focuses on which of the following?
- An employees measurable output
- The manufacturing sector
- Individuals’ opinions around how fairly they feel they have been treated
- Team performance
Q5. When looking to incentivize a team, which of the following is most likely?
- Money will be the primary motivator
- If employees are incentivized individually, collective performance will decline
- There will be inconsistencies in the performance management processes
- Each team member will always be satisfied with their rewards and incentives
Q6. When looking to motivate a team to optimum levels of output, which of the following can we assume about an organisation?
- That it values its people resource
- That it keeps reward and appraisal processes separate
- That it has a low level of employee turnover
- That is always makes excessive demands of its employees
Q7. Which of the following is the basic assumption of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs?
- People always want more
- Levels of satisfaction are easily achieved
- A satisfied need will always motivate
- Esteem Needs are when an individual’s full potential is reached
Q8. When we consider Belbin’s model of team roles, an implementer would usually do which of the following?
- Look to be practical and organise
- Be thoughtful and critical
- Look to coordinate activities in a team
- Bring specialist knowledge to a team
Q9. According to Belbin’s Model, which of the following is true?
- All members will allude to a single preferred role
- All team members are assumed to be multi-skilled
- To be successful, a team needs to have access to all of the nine team roles
- The Shaper prefers balance and harmony within a team
Q10. When we consider Adair’s Action Centred Leadership, emphasis was placed on which of the following?
- Achieving all objectives
- Having a positive work environment
- A balance between three variables
- Having productive team meetings
Q11. Which of the following is the correct sequence according to Tuckman’s model for Team Evolution?
- performing, storming, forming and norming
- norming, adjourning, forming, storming, performing
- forming, storming, norming, performing, adjourning
- forming, performing, storming, adjourning
Q12. Hertzberg’s Theory of Motivation looks at Hygiene Factors and Motivators. Which of the following pairs are both Hygiene Factors?
- Salary and Advancement
- Recognition and Responsibility
- Work Conditions and Achievement
- Supervision and Line Management Relationship
Q13. According to Herzberg, a Hygiene Factor is..
- A potential source of dissatisfaction
- A motivator
- A way to achieve career advancement
- A thing which will always lead to satisfaction
Q14. In Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, which of the following is true?
- Safety Needs include work relationships
- There are four levels
- Self-Actualization is an individual phenomenon
- Belongingness and Love Needs focus on status and reputation
Q15. When we look at McGregor’s Theory X and Theory Y, which of the following is true?
- Theory Y is a participative style of management
- Theory X assumes that employees are self-motivate to work and add maximum value
- Theory Y focused purely on an employee’s output
- Theory X focused mainly on an employee’s productivity
Management Skills for International Business Course Review:
In our experience, we suggest you enroll in Management Skills for International Business courses and gain some new skills from Professionals completely free and we assure you will be worth it.
Management Skills for International Business course is available on Coursera for free, if you are stuck anywhere between a quiz or a graded assessment quiz, just visit Networking Funda to get Professional Skills for International Business Quiz Answers.
Get All Course Quiz Answers of International Business Essentials Specialization
Professional Skills for International Business Quiz Answers
Management Skills for International Business Quiz Answers
Quantitative Foundations for International Business Quiz Answers
Statistics for International Business Coursera Quiz Answers
International Business Environment Coursera Quiz Answers