Module 1 Quiz Answers
- Which of the following services does Cloud offer? Select all that apply.
- Disk and storage space
- Databases services
2. True or False: Cloud makes services available by way of the Internet.
3. Which TWO of the following are true of Cloud services?
- Services can be added or reduced as needed.
- Computing services are charged either by the hour or subscription-based.
4. Does Cloud replace your native hardware and software?
5.Cloud services are delivered __________ .
6.Any services accessed over the network are _________ .
- Remote Services
7. Which feature of Cloud services makes it possible to manage computing infrastructure better and more efficiently?
8. What is the name of the product that manages Cloud services on hardware?
9. Which is not a category of Cloud Computing
- Files as a Service (FaaS)10.Question 10
10. True or False: Firms can use a console to administer Cloud services.
Module 2 Quiz Answers
- Which of the following is NOT a feature of IaaS?
- Applications are hosted by a third party to offer to customers.
2. The IaaS approach uses _____ to maintain consistency, making it possible to manage hardware like you would manage software.
3. True or False: IaaS provides virtual servers for application hosting.
4. Which of the following feature is an example of Platform as a Service (PaaS)?
- Development environments
5. Which of the following offers pay-as-you-go or rental options for enterprise software, as well as enables geographic around-the-clock development using the same investment?
6. When using SaaS, do users need to install the offered software before using it?
7. Which of the following is NOT an example of SaaS?
- Personalized marketing
8. Function as a Service (FaaS) provides an application development environment in the form of ________.
9. True or False: With FaaS, the environment continues to run during idle time, incurring costs.
10. Which of the following are disadvantages to Cloud computing?
- Security can be an issue if the Cloud provider doesn’t take the steps to guard data.
- The ability to move data from the Cloud provider is limited.
- Data is under the control of the Cloud provider.
Module 3 Quiz Answers
- How are Cloud services delivered on a Private Cloud?
- On the firm’s network
2. Which of the following offers services as a 3rd party provider, delivers services over public internet, are generally available to everyone, and are invoiced based only on what is used?
- Public Cloud
3. Hybrid Cloud allows firms to respond to many of the disadvantages of public Cloud.
4. Which of the following is a strategy of High-Performance Computing (HPC)?
- Parallel processing
5. A group of computers acting as one is a ______.
6. A ____________ is where a public cloud provider dedicates a set of computing resources for a specific customer.
- A Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
7. Big Data involves highly complex data sets.
8. True or False: A VPN allows firms to extend their network to outside data centers using internet connections.
9. With which of the following do firms have full control of their data?
- Private Cloud
10. Which THREE of these are key components of HPC?
- Data storage
Module 4 Quiz Answers
- A hosting strategy where software products are installed on the physical hardware.
2. Which of the following are true of Bare-metal computing? Select all that apply.
- Allows the hardware to be used more efficiently and by more users.
- There are multiple fixed costs with this approach.
- No virtualization is used.
3. True or False? Running Virtual Machines (VMs) makes better use of the existing hardware.
4.With a VM, multiple copies of the VM images can be made, each with their own _______________ and host ID.
- IP address
5. A PaaS product that provides virtualized operating system environments called containers that are 100% independent from each other.
6. A product that automates application deployment, scaling, and maintenance. It is a PaaS container orchestration product that can also be offered as an IaaS.
7. Which of the following are features of On-premises Computing? Select all that apply.
- All hardware is controlled by the firm.
- Computing services are delivered on the firm’s network.
8. True or False? With Cloud computing, the delivery of the software services can be by a public, private, or virtual private network.
9. Computing services are brought physically closer to the customer. It has evolved into running software and applications while keeping latency low.
- Edge Computing
10. The cloud uses one or more __________ to execute the software product.
- virtual machines
Module 5 Quiz Answers
- Which of the following platform is a Microsoft product that offers Linux and Windows OS computing as well as packages for different sized firms?
2. Which of the following is a popular feature of Amazon Web Services (AWS)?
- Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2)
3. True or False: AWS’s Amazon Machine Image (AMI) enables teams to template running servers and to copy and run templated images.
4.AWS offers varieties of____________. Select all that apply.
5. Which of the following provides Cloud services such as IaaS, PaaS, and Faas, and lists over 100 products in their brand?
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
6. Offers include IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, Private Cloud, Virtual Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, as well as the typical virtualization services and solutions for DevOps.
- IBM Cloud
7._____________ are a major offering of the IBM Cloud.
- Data analytics
8. True or False: IBM Cloud offers a single console because its Cloud offerings are not numerous.
9. What is SalesForce’s primary product type?
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) SaaS products
10.SalesForce’s cloud service, ___________, offers development environments and tools designed to integrate with other SalesForce offerings.
Module 6 Quiz Answers
1.Serverless Computing is an extension of _______ .
2. True or False: Pricing for Serverless Computing is based on the services, and not the runtime computing time used.
3. Which of the following are trade-offs of Serverless Computing?
- Mobility can be a problem since it is often based on proprietary provider standards.
- Performance can be slow and resources are limited.
4. Which of the following has created an operating environment that is the equivalent to an operating network and is based on a network of computers?
- Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT)
5._________ data converts it to a string of fixed length and stores it on the node. It can reflect whether data has been tampered with or hacked.
6. Which of the following is true of distributed applications? Select all that apply.
- DApps can run as a web or mobile app and are the basis of the new Internet of value.
- DLT nodes can also run applications, called DApps.
- Nodes can be deployed as needed.
7. A computing strategy process that processes data for computer programs to make decisions.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
8. True or False: AI learning requires vast amounts of data storage.
9. The _________ forms the foundation of smart devices and automated devices.
- Internet of Things (IoT)
10. Which of the following provides real-time metrics on IoT solutions and looks for vulnerabilities?
- Azure IoT Insights