Get All Weeks Business English: Meetings Coursera Quiz Answers
Week 01: Business English: Meetings Coursera Quiz Answers
Successful Meetings Quiz Answer
Choose the best word to complete these sentences.
- An __________ is the plan for a meeting.
- action item
2. A ______ is someone who attends a meeting.
3. Writing a summary of a meeting is called ________.
- taking minutes
- approving minutes
4. A ________ is usually held at the start of a project.
- debrief meeting
- kickoff meeting
5. The goal of a _______ is to come up with new ideas and to be creative.
- training meeting
- brainstorming meeting
6. At a progress report meeting you will be expected to give ______.
- an update
- a training
7. Select all the sentences below which are guidelines for a successful meeting agenda.
Send out the agenda at least 24 hours before the meeting.
- Make sure each item on the agenda is clear.
- Bring a copy of the agenda to the meeting.
- Do not allow any small talk
- Make sure everyone knows the purpose of the meeting
- Provide food.
8. Select all the sentences below which are guidelines for a successful meeting.
- Start the meeting on time.
- Keep the discussion on topic.
- End the meeting when everything has been discussed.
- Send the minutes as soon as possible.
- Speak as much as you can.
- Choose a comfortable location.
Practice Quiz 1 answer
Part 1 – Instructions
Decide if these sentences are true or false.
1. When you are arranging a time for the meeting, tell the attendees what the meeting will be about.
2. The easiest way to schedule a meeting is to let participants suggest the best time.
3. It’s a good idea to give people a deadline to let you know whether a time you suggested is suitable.
4. When you write an agenda, include the title and type of meeting at the top.
5. Items in the agenda can be written as one word nouns.
6. Writing a question after an agenda item helps people prepare.
7. It is common to write the name of the person responsible for leading a discussion on an agenda item.
8. Time for giving reports or updates is often given near the bottom of an agenda of a regularly scheduled team meeting.
Part 2 – Instructions
Complete these phrases with the appropriate word.
9. I need to _______ next month’s team meeting.
10. If you could let me know if that doesn’t work for you _______ tomorrow, that would be great.
11. I’d like to _______ a meeting for next week.
- set up
12. I want to find _______ for us to meet.
- a time
13. Would Wednesday at 9:00 _______ for everyone?
14. Can you give me some _______ when you are free?
15. Please let me know when you _______.
- are available
16. Subject: _______ Next Month’s Team Meeting
Setting Up A Meeting Email Quiz Answer
Choose the better sentences a or b to complete this email informing some colleagues about a meeting.
1. Subject line
- a. Subject: Our Team will Receive Training Tomorrow
- b. Subject: Tomorrow’s Database Training
- b. Hi Everybody,
- a. I want to remind you that the training on the new database will take place tomorrow.
- b. Remember the training meeting on the new database tomorrow?
4. Details of time and location
- a. The training is from 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. in Room 5C.
- b. Be at room 5C by 8.
5. Meeting goal/details
- a. We hope to begin using the new database next month, so it’s important that all of you are familiar with the new system.
- b. There will be coffee and muffins, so you don’t need to get breakfast.
6. What to do if you can’t attend
- a. Please tell me if you can’t attend.
- b. Please let me know by the end of today if you can’t attend.
7. Referring to an attachment
- a. Attached is the schedule for the training.
- b. I have included the schedule. Please check it.
- a. In preparation, please complete the attached questionnaire.
- b. Bring the questionnaire, too.
9. Closing sentence 1
- a. OK, I think that’s all. Let me know if you have any question.
- b. Please let me know if you have any questions.
10. Closing sentence 2
- a. See you all tomorrow at 8:00.
- b. Cheers!
Practice Quiz 1 answer
Choose the best word or phrase to complete these sentences.
1. I would like to __________ an item to the agenda.
2. Could we have _________ to talk about the new store?
- a time
- some time
3. Just to let you know that I can’t _________ next week’s meeting.
- make it to
4. I’m writing to inform you that I am unable _____ next week’s meeting.
- attend to
- to attend
5. I’m going to be ________ the office on Monday.
- out of
6. I have __________ appointment on that day.
- a previously scheduled
- an already planned
7. Something has just ___________.
- came up
- come up
8. I won’t be at next week’s meeting due to a _______________.
- personal matter
- private thing
9. I’m sorry for ___________.
- any inconvenience
10. Please let me know what ___________.
- was decided
11. Would it be possible to _________ Tuesday?
- change to
- move it to
12. Is there __________ we could push it back to the following week?
- any chance
Responding to Meeting Invitations Quiz Answer
Choose the best way to complete the following sentences .
If there is something you want to talk about at a meeting you can send an email to the organizer asking to ___________.
- add something to the agenda
- send you the minutes
If you can’t attend a meeting, you can send an email ___________.
- explaining why you can’t attend
- saying no thank you.
Using words like unfortunately, I’m afraid and I’m sorry make the sentence ___________.
- more direct
Just to let you know I can’t make it is an example of __________ language.
You should usually give a __________ reason when you are too busy to attend a meeting.
Something has come up is an example of a ___________ reason.
I look forward to reading the minutes is an example of ____________.
- a closing sentence
- changing the time of the meeting
If you can’t attend a meeting, it is ____________.
- acceptable to ask to reschedule it only if you are the boss
- possible to ask to reschedule it, but use indirect language
If you need to reschedule a meeting ___________.
- give a reason
- use vague language
Same time, same place probably means ___________.
- there are no changes to the meeting
- maybe only the day has changed
Week 02: Business English: Meetings Coursera Quiz Answers
Practice Quiz Answers
Q.1 Which statement is correct?
- OK, let’s get started.
- OK, let’s getting start.
Q.2 Which statement is correct?
- Today, we discuss our budget.
- Today, we’re going to discuss our expansion plans.
Q.3 Which statement is correct?
- Are we start with the budget?
- Shall we start with the budget?
Q.4 Which statement is correct?
- Are you make a decision?
- Are we ready to make a decision?
Q.5 Which statement is correct?
- How about postponing this until next week?
- How about postpone this until next week?
Q,6 Which statement is correct?
In response to: OK, thanks, Neil. You made a good point.
- The leader expects Neil to continue speaking.
- The leader will probably ask someone else to speak now.
Q.7 Which statement is correct?
In response to: How about postponing this discussion until later?
- The leader wants the discussion to stop now.
- The leader wants to have the discussion now.
Q.8 Which statement is close in meaning?
In response to: Let’s move on.
- It’s time to change topics.
- It’s time to change location.
Q.9 Which statement is close in meaning?
In response to: We need to watch the time here.
- Pay attention to the discussion.
- We’ve talked long enough.
Which statement is close in meaning?
In response to: We need to follow up on that.
- Let’s talk about it now.
- Dont forget about it now
Practice Quiz 1 Part 2 Quiz Answer
Choose the best response for the following questions.
1. It’s a difficult decision.
- a. No, it’s not difficult.
- b. Very difficult, but I have a suggestion.
2. I think that Southcenter is the best place for our new store.
- a. I disagree completely.
- b. yes its perfect
3. The rent is $5,000 a month. I think we should do it.
- a. Don’t you think that’s a bit expensive?
- b. No! That’s too expensive.
4. It’ll be easy to find sales people because there are so many students nearby.
- a. Why will it be easy?
- b. That’s a good point.
5. Godiva already has a store there.
- a. That’s true, but we’re a bit different from them.
- b. That doesn’t matter.
6. I don’t think we should move.
- a. Do you think we should wait to decide?
- b. You’re wrong. We should move as soon as possible.
7. It’s late, and we can’t make a decision.
- a. I want to decide now. It’s not that late.
- b. Why don’t we meet again tomorrow morning?
8. We need more customers. Let’s reduce all our prices.
- a. Do you think we can afford that?
- b. That will only make things worse.
Teleconferencing Quiz Answers
Choose the best word to complete these sentences.
Q1. A cell phone is a telecommunications ___.
- a. device
- b. computer
Q2. I’m sorry. I didn’t ___ that. Could you repeat what you said?
- a. catch
- b. lose
Q3. I don’t know the ___ number for our teleconference.
- a. call-in
- b. agenda
Q4. I’m having trouble logging ___ the conference site.
- a. for
- b. on to
Q5. Did you send us the access ___?
- a. software
- b. code
Q6. I am ___ the results of the survey. Please look at them before the meeting.
Q7. I’d like to get everyone’s ___ before I make a decision.
- a. input
- b. screen
Q8. Did we ___ Tina? She joined the meeting, right?
- a. break up
- b. lose
Q9. Use ___ if there’s a lot of noise near you when you call in to a meeting.
- a. mute
- b. access
Q10. I can’t hear you clearly. You’re breaking ___.
- a. on
- b. up
Q11. Which of these is a good thing to do when you have a teleconference?
- a. Give people clear instructions for how to connect to the teleconference.
- b. Send the access code one time, when you announce the meeting
Q12. Which of these is a good thing to do when you have a teleconference?
- a. Begin to access the teleconference at the exact time for the meeting.
- b. Call in to connect to the meeting before it is exactly the time.
Q13. Which of these is a good thing to do when you have a teleconference?
- a. Say “This is … (your name)” when you join a teleconference.
- b. Say your name when you speak in a video conference.
Q14. Which of these is a good thing to do when you have a teleconference?
- a. Get all your devices ready so you can multitask during a teleconference.
- b. Prepare ahead of time for the meeting.
Week 03: Business English: Meetings Coursera Quiz Answers
Directing People’s Attention Answers
Q1. Choose the better sentence to complete these minutes.
- Sara suggested that we put tables, chairs, and a coffee bar in the store. Bill and Carl thought this was a good idea.
- The team discussed changes in the Northlake store and decided to add tables, chairs, and a coffee bar.
Q2. Choose the better sentence to complete these minutes.
- According to the Tourist Bureau, Pike Place Market has the most visitors.
- Tina brought in information. It was from the Tourist Bureau and said that Pike Place Market has the most visitors.
Q3. the better sentence to complete these minutes.
- Neil was unhappy about going to the re-opening celebration that is planned for June 12.
- The re-opening celebration is planned for June 12.
Q4. Choose the better sentence to complete these minutes.
- The team discussed where is the best location.
- The team discussed where the best location is.
Q5. Choose the better sentence to complete these minutes.
- If we open a new store in the market, we might get new customers.
- We open a new store in the market, we get new customers.
Q6. Choose the better sentence to complete these minutes.
- Here is the report of the Tourist Bureau.
- Here is the report from the Tourist Bureau.
Q7. Choose the better sentence to complete these minutes.
- We don’t have enough datas to make a decision.
- We need more data to make a decision.
Q8. Choose the better sentence to complete these minutes.
- This report, according to the Tourist Bureau, shows the number of visitors to each attraction.
- This report from the Tourist Bureau shows the number of visitors to each attraction.
Q9. Choose the better sentence to complete these minutes.
- This means that we have to reconsider our plans.
- This means to reconsider our plans.
Q10. Choose the better sentence to complete these minutes.
- The statistics shows that the Market is the best place.
- The statistics show that the Market is the best place.